November 10, 2016

Veteran's Day (Week of 11-7-16)

This week we learned about Veteran's Day and why we celebrate it! Here is a peek at our week! 

Image result for veteran's day c;i[art

Monday: Today we did a close read on the Military. We also started learning about time to the hour! The kids did an AMAZING job with this! 

Tuesday:  Today we did a close read on the Navy and learned how they help us! We continued learning more about time. We practiced telling time to the hour using our clocks. 

Wednesday: Today we learned about the Army and the Airforce and how they help us. We also did an activity in Math called a day in life of a soldier. We read a story and then used our ipads to show various times that he did things throughout the day.  We are rocking time to the hour!!!! :) 

Thursday: Today we learned about the Coast Guard and the Marine Corps and how they help us! We also made cards and posters to celebrate our veterans! Here is our anchor chart we made! 




Parents I  want you to know how blessed and thankful I am that I got to spend my birthday today with 21 amazing first graders!!! 





Here we are all decked out in our red, white, and blue!!! 

I have enjoyed each parent teacher conference I have had thus far! I truly have the best parents and students!!! I hope that you all enjoy your long weekend! THANK YOU to all of the veterans for your service! I truly appreciate all that you do! 




No comments:

Post a Comment